Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rapid-Fire Book Club, Questionably-Advised Venture Into Winter Edition

Given that I had a $40 giftcard for Barnes and Noble from Christmas that I had yet to burn up, I opted to drive into Madison today to duly light it on fire. This required venturing out into the outside world, which contains all of the snow. Being where all of the snow is is bad, kiddies. Never do it. Especially don't do it when all the salt is also out there.

The giftcard was good enough to bring me three books:

*Fawcett, Bill- How To Lose A War At Sea: Foolish Plans and Great Naval Blunders
*Jennings, Ken- Because I Said So!: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids
*Turner, Jack- Spice: The History of a Temptation

Ken Jennings is getting to be quite the prolific writer. Not that I have the slightest problem with that.

No comments: